Shushrusha Citizens Co-op. Hospital Ltd.
Breach Candy Hospital
|Educational Qualifications||:||B.Sc. (Hons), M.B.B.S.,
Master of Surgery (Orthopaedics), University of Bombay
Dr. Nandkishore S. Laud
Academic & Educational Assignments
- Ex-Professor and Head, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatolgy and Chief Trauma Service, L.T.M.Medical College and L.T.M.G.Hospital, Sion, Mumbai.
- Chairman and Consultant Orth. Surgeon, Shushrusha Citizen's Co-operative Hospital, Ltd. Dadar, Mumbai.
- Chairman Board of Studies - Faculty of Surgeries, University of Bombay.
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Breach Candy Hospital & Research Centre, Mumbai.
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon - Laud Clinic
- Inspector for inspection of various hospitals for recognition as Post Graduate Training in M.S.Orthopedics and D.N.B. by Medical Council of India and National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, 1980 - 1995.
- Post Graduate teacher and examiner at D.Orth and M.S. Ortho. Examinations at University of Mumbai, Shivaji University, Kolhapur, Marathwada University, Gujart University, Delhi University. Post Graduate Institute of Medical Educational and Research, Chandigarh, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi and many others 1977-1998.
International Membership Education Foundations
- Trustee, AO/ASIF International Foundation, Davos, Switzerland, since 1992-2002.
- Member, Advisory Committee, Association of Trauma Care of India.
- Council Member, Asian Association for Dynamic Osteosynthesis, Hong Kong.
- Founder Member, Indo German Orthopaedic Foundation.
- Secretary, Ranawat Orthopaedic Research Foundation, New York, USA.
Chairman, Indian Section
Positions held at the National & International Organisations
- Past President & Past Secretary:
Co-ordination Committee of Honorary Medical Officers of Municipal Medical Institutions in Greater Bombay
- Indian Society of surgery of hand
- Bombay Orthopaedic Society
- Senior Medical Teacher's Association, L.T.M.G. Hospital Mumbai
- Indian Orthopaedic Association 1996-97, 1997-98.
- Vice President: Indian Arthoplasty Association
- Group Leader:
For Rehabilitation Work in Natural disaster at Bihar famine work in 197 and Kilari, Lather in 1993
- Had an honor of being appointed as an expert on the committee by the Governor of Haryana to develop the Pandit B.D. Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak into an Institute of Excellence for Trauma care and superspeciality and attended various meetings in Delhi.
- Expert on the Committee appointed by Chairman Human Rights Commission, Shri Justice Anand to propose Emergency Medical and Trauma Services Plan.
- Co-inventor and contributor in clinical research and development of an indigenous elastic fixator device for management of Complex Trauma, birth defects and neglected injuries in Orthopaedic practice. A Minimal Access Technique - Hold a patent for the same.
- Published many scientific papers based on original research work in national and international journals.
National, International Awards and Honours
- Awarded prestigious Dr.B.C. Roy National Award in 1966 by the President of India, Late Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma
- International Scholar Award of Cleveland Clinic Foundation USA in 1983, to study Orthopaedic speciality
- Was selected as an International Scholar by the International Centre for Speciality Studies, Cleveland Clinic Centre, Cleveland, Ohio, USA in 1983.
- Outstanding work on "Trauma"
- Best Teacher Award Lokmanya Tilak Memorial General Hospital (LTMGH) Medical College.
- Dalit Mitra Award for promotion of education for the children of poor economic status.
- Silver Commemoration Appreciation award by Stanak Vasi Jain Limbadi Ajramar Sampradhai.
- Guest Speaker award Marine Medical Society national conference organised by Ashiwini Armed Forces Hospital, Mumbai.
- Awarded visiting Prof. T.K.Shanmugsunderam Visiting Professor Award by World Orthopaedic Concern to visit Bangladesh for training, clinical care and for promotion of education in trauma and joint replacement surgery in July 2004.
- Responsible for 10 days training program at Dhaka Medical College and International Institute of Orthopaedics & Traumatology Research in August 2004
- Lifetime Achievement Award "Wisitex Foundation" a NRI organisation of national repute for work in Health education and Clinical research 2004.
- Life time Achievement Award by Sancheti Institute for Orthopaedic & Rehabilitation for promotion of Orhopaedic educational programs at the State and National Level - 2005.